How to Wash a Down Comforter (Because It’s Probably Time)

My favorite room of my home is, by far, my bedroom. I spent weeks deliberating furnishings, wood tones, and a few pieces of lovely (yet affordable) art. I also landed on a thick, cozy area rug, a big armchair, and the most exquisite secondhand mirror to accent it all. But what I really splurged on were my percale sheets, duvet cover, and the most cloud-like comforter imaginable to make the place where I lay my head at night the happiest place to be. I was diligent about keeping this oasis of calm and comfort neat and tidy, too: I dusted, and vacuumed, and stripped my bed each week. There is one item, however, that escaped my cleaning routine completely. Many many months after I bought it, my comforter hadn't made it down to the laundry room. That is, until the day I found out that even with a cover on, a down (or alternate down) comforter is a magnet for allergens, dust, dander, and even skin cells (oh, my). Read More >>
http://dlvr.it/ShP89w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Summer Squash (With a Panko Breading)

Tonjiru (Japanese Pork Soup)

Beef Bourguignon (Beef Stew with Wine)