What Amanda Hesser Can't Do Thanksgiving Without

I have a Thanksgiving confession: I’m not that into the traditional holiday foods. Sure, I like stuffing. I won’t turn down pumpkin pie. And mashed sweet potatoes will do. But I like each on its own. Together, I find it all suffocating. It’s the biggest holiday of the year for Food52, and our business is being led by a holiday heretic! Back when I worked at The New York Times, I wrote a Thanksgiving story about a Vietnamese-American family in southern California. They made Alice Waters’ brined and roasted turkey recipe but served it with a stuffing made of ground chicken, lotus seeds, shallot, shiitake mushrooms, fish sauce, and sweet rice flakes. Dessert was fresh persimmons, rice cakes, and coconut cakes. It was wildly delicious. Read More >>
http://dlvr.it/SbjDY1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Summer Squash (With a Panko Breading)

Tonjiru (Japanese Pork Soup)

Beef Bourguignon (Beef Stew with Wine)