How to Open a Coconut Safely

I wish I could tell you that I learned how to open a coconut while I was vacationing in Tahiti, or that I first cracked one open out of thirst-quenching necessity after a day spent surfing Oahu's North Shore. But I’ve never been to Tahiti, and I immediately run toward shore at the first sign of a 5-foot wave. No, I actually learned how to crack open a coconut in my kitchen, through trial and error, after being lured by a full stack of whole coconuts at the grocery store. I had grabbed one and placed it in my cart nonchalantly, hoping my fellow shoppers would catch a glimpse (you’re lying if you say you don’t glance sneakily at other people’s carts) and think I was the kind of cool person who consumed fresh coconut as often as a piece of toast. This is real, this is me. Narrator: It was not real. Let’s learn how to open a coconut together. From Our Shop our line! Five Two Bamboo Double Sided Cutting Board $29–$119 More Options Geometry Vintage-Inspired Microfiber Kitchen Towels, Set of 2 $32 More Options Sale! Zwilling Enfinigy Personal Blender $170 $129.99 More Colors --- How to Open a Coconut Step One Locate the “three eyes” on the top of the coconut. Stare at the coconut and watch as it stares back at you. Use a metal skewer to poke and prod the eyes like an optometrist and find the one that feels the softest; once you do, push the skewer through to create a hole. You may need to use a mallet or hammer for added pressure, but do so carefully. Read More >>
http://dlvr.it/SPDCvC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Summer Squash (With a Panko Breading)

Tonjiru (Japanese Pork Soup)

Beef Bourguignon (Beef Stew with Wine)