My Favorite Kitchen Tool Has Nothing to Do With Food

Every six weeks (or so it seems) on Twitter there is an argument about whether you should leave your shoes on when you enter your home or take them off. Both sides staunchly believe they are right. My answer: Both. Yes, I always take off my shoes when I come into the house. And yes, I also wear shoes in the house. (Just call me Mister Rogers, I guess?) Indoor shoes are a very specific genre. And the most important of them: kitchen shoes. From Our Shop Yamazaki Steel & Wood 6-Tier Shoe Rack $120 More Colors exclusive Mediterranean Vinyl Kitchen Floor Mats & Runners $114–$208 More Options Moku Linen Room Shoes $78 More Options I’m never going to be one of those carefree barefoot cooks. Stepping on a shard of glass once led me to be so serious about foot protection that I often bring slippers when going to others’ homes. Especially when I’m in the kitchen, I simply need shoes. I mean, have you seen most kitchen floors mid meal preparation? They’re quick to get slippery and sticky with all manner of spatter and slime (ew). I may cook for work, but I still drop things in the kitchen—and sometimes those things are heavy or sharp (or both). A sturdy pair of kitchen shoes offer traction and protection, and you absolutely need them. When I was working in professional kitchen environments, which meant standing for a minimum of 8 hours at a time, I looked no further than Blundstone boots and my trusty Hoka Clifton sneakers; when I'm cooking at home, I turn to slightly more casual options. Read More >>
http://dlvr.it/SMbnN8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Summer Squash (With a Panko Breading)

Tonjiru (Japanese Pork Soup)

Beef Bourguignon (Beef Stew with Wine)