The Latest Floral Trend is Right in Your Backyard

I didn’t always buy into the idea that fresh cut flowers and plants make a space come alive. For a long time, I would either decorate with faux plants (I definitely didn’t have a green thumb) or forgo the inclusion of botanicals altogether. Looking back now on photos of those spaces, I realize that something was severely lacking, and it wasn’t bright green leaves or vibrant petals—it was simply something natural. On the surface, it can seem sort of new age-y to say that plants, flowers, and foraged bits make a space feel alive. But once I started treating myself to flowers most weeks to scatter around my apartment, my mood would instantly be lifted whenever I spotted them.. Not to mention that cutting, clipping, and arranging is my favorite post-grocery store ritual (less so the actual grocery haul). Read More >>
http://dlvr.it/SHrdpJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Summer Squash (With a Panko Breading)

Tonjiru (Japanese Pork Soup)

Beef Bourguignon (Beef Stew with Wine)