The Best Places to Buy Beautiful Fabric Online

Follow the Pattern is a brand new column from furniture maker and upholstery expert (and Home52's Resident Design Wiz) Nicole Crowder. Nicole is here to show us how to breathe new life into old furniture, reuse and repurpose materials, take chances with color and pattern—and develop a signature aesthetic. Today, she shares her best tips for sourcing the fabric of your dreams. --- Working in upholstery, the number one question I get asked is: Where do you find your fabrics? It’s a question with an answer as deep as it is wide because, the truth is, you can find fabrics just about anywhere, even outside of traditional fabric stores, online sites, and showrooms. I seek out fabric wherever I am, from antique stores to my own closet (I have repurposed old clothes into table runners), but fabric sourcing is genuinely my favorite part of my work because I get to play with color and textiles and dream up something that has its own language. Read More >>
http://dlvr.it/S8Zpj7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Summer Squash (With a Panko Breading)

Tonjiru (Japanese Pork Soup)

Beef Bourguignon (Beef Stew with Wine)